[INDOLOGY] About "bha-graha"

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 09:40:03 UTC 2019

Dear Friends,

In the following verse of the *Tantrāloka* (28.42cd-43ab) of Abhinavagupta,
I do not completely understand the expression *bha-graha*. The only thing I
am sure is that this has to do with Jyotiṣa.

*bhagraha*samayaviśeṣo nāśvayuje ko 'pi tena tadvarjam |
velā*bhagraha*kalanā kathitaikādaśasu māseṣu ||

Can someone guide me? I apologise for being illiterate in Jyotiṣa and I did
not get much help from the obvious basic sources either. I hope I am not
missing something very basic.

Thanks very much in advance.

Mrinal
------
*Mrinal Kaul, Ph.D.*
Assistant Professor - Manipal Centre for Humanities (MCH)
Coordinator - Centre for Religious Studies (CRS)
Dr TMA Pai Planetarium Complex
Alevoor Road, Manipal 576 104
Karnataka, INDIA
Tel +91-820-29-23567 Extn: 23567