[INDOLOGY] Query on verse forms

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Sep 19 06:44:29 UTC 2019

For the dohā, see M. Shahidullah, Les chants mystiques de Kāṇha et de Saraha, pp. 60-66.
Though occasionally rhyme may be found in other, earlier, texts (I remember having read something somewhere about these "predecessors, written by D. Goodall) it has become a systematic feature of Apabhraṃśa texts (folk songs).
L. Alsdorf, Apabhraṃśa-Studien. AKM XXII 2, pp. 39-56.

Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag