[INDOLOGY] Fw: news of interest to the Indological community

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 07:53:33 UTC 2019

 Here is a link to the article which I didn't get.
Dean Anderson

JNU Asks Historian Romila Thapar For Her CV To Decide If She Can Continue As Professor Emerita

|  |  |

|  |
JNU Asks Historian Romila Thapar For Her CV To Decide If She Can Continu...

Outlook Web Bureau

Her colleague, Prabhat Patnaik, an economist, political commentator and a professor emeritus at JNU, says the cu...

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>To: Indology <indology at list.indology.info>Sent: Monday, September 2, 2019, 8:42:53 AM GMT+5:30Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] news of interest to the Indological community
 This has been all over Facebook today (and probably Twitter, though I don't tweet).  It is deeply regrettable.  In the Scroll.in report that you cite, Matthew, Romila's own comment is characteristically understated and non-inflammatory:
“It is a very unfortunate thing,” Thapar told Anandabazar. “We are going through a strange time.
Emeritus is not a mere designation. It is an honour related to the university’s goodwill.”
Thank you for sharing.Best,Dominik

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk,
Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity,