[INDOLOGY] news of interest to the Indological community

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 03:11:55 UTC 2019

This has been all over Facebook today (and probably Twitter, though I don't
tweet).  It is deeply regrettable.  In the Scroll.in report that you cite,
Matthew, Romila's own comment is characteristically understated and
non-inflammatory:

“It is a very unfortunate thing,” Thapar told Anandabazar. “We are going
through a strange time.
Emeritus is not a mere designation. It is an honour related to the
university’s goodwill.”

Thank you for sharing.
Best,
Dominik

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada