[INDOLOGY] Date of Candranandana

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 8 17:07:19 UTC 2019

Dear Roland,

Unfortunately, Meulenbeld gives far too much credit to the legendary accounts of the Tibetan G.yu-thog-pa tradition, which, so far as I can see, are without historical value in the matter we are considering.

best,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago