[INDOLOGY] New Publication: Buddhism, Law & Society, vol. 4 (2018–2019)

Petra Kieffer-Pülz kiepue at t-online.de
Fri Oct 4 09:38:36 UTC 2019

Dear list members,

I’d like to announce the appearance of the 4th volume of Buddhism, Law & Society, ed. by Rebecca Redwood French, Joshua R. Coene, and Petra Kieffer-Pülz, with the following contents:

Rebecca Redwood French, "The Integrated Discipline of Buddhism and Law: Editor's Introduction", pp. vii–xiv.

Miguel Álvarez  Ortega, "Traditional Tibetan Buddhist Scholars on Dharma, Law, Politics, and Social Ethics: Philosophical Discussions in Boudhanath (Nepal)", pp. 1–52.

Eugénie Mérieau, "Thailand's Lèse-Majesté Law: On Blasphemy in a Buddhist Kingdom", pp. 53–92.

Aleix Ruiz-Falqués, "Purifying the Pātimokkha: Pali Grammar and Buddhist Law in 17th-century Haṃsāvati", pp. 93–128.

Prapod Assavirulhakarn & Peter Skilling [Bhadra Rujirathat], "The First Saṅgha Law (Kot phrasong 1), issued by King Rāma I in CE 1782", pp. 129–143.

Christopher Handy, "Indian Buddhist Bathrooms: Politeness, Disgust and Monastic Law", pp. 145–196.

https://home.heinonline.org/titles/Law-Journal-Library/Buddhism-Law--Society/?letter=B <https://home.heinonline.org/titles/Law-Journal-Library/Buddhism-Law--Society/?letter=B>
vol. 4 is not yet listed there

With kind regards,
Petra Kieffer-Pülz