[INDOLOGY] question about a Jaina practice

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:28:45 UTC 2019

Besides the wonderfully illustrated article shared by Lubomir, there is a lot of material on the yogapaṭṭa in Brahmanical ascetic literature. The conferring of the yogapaṭṭa appears to be some sort of higher ordination in the Brahmanical orders. See my edition of Vāsudevāśrama’s Yatidharmaprakāśā, 66.1–24, a section called “yogapaṭṭavidhi”.

Patrick