[INDOLOGY] Script tables

Rolf Heinrich Koch rolfheiner.koch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 10:55:07 UTC 2019

Dear Matthew,
if you want to construct any script or devanagari *font *(eg .ttf) for
using in word documents:
Very important is to work with vector based images.
In the Nineties I produced some different styled Devanagari fonts with
the help of the Windows app TypeFoundry.
This app no longer exists. Today the app FontCreator is available, which
works similar.
You make a scan of the desired letters, import to FontCreator. There it
will be converted into a vector image.
Now you will be able to make minor changes to the letter. You can also
assign the letters to any keyboard key.
When you are finished the app will produce a .ttf font for the
windows/font folder.
Of course you can also use this font for a script table.

Heiner

www.rolfheinrichkoch.wordpress.com