Re: [INDOLOGY] Formations of the ghanāghana type

Rolf Heinrich Koch rolfheiner.koch at gmail.com
Sun May 12 13:15:30 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues

I am also struggeling with a similar expression which appears repeatedly
in the description of buddhist hells:

yukti ayukti kara (by all available means?) daḍamuḍa (fines) gasā (abs.
II to claim) =

[The royal officers,] who claim by all available means fines [will go to
the hell].

Another description at the same monastery starts with the same wording:

yukti ayukti koṭa .....

sinhalese kara / koṭa = sk kṛtvā.

Any idea for translating  yukti ayukti kṛtvā in a different way?

Thank you

Heiner

www.rolfheinrichkoch.wordpress.com