[INDOLOGY] Announcement: Epigraphy Workshop at Tokyo (27-28 May 2019)

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 04:00:09 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I am forwarding the announcement(s) of a workshop that will take place in Tokyo a few weeks from now.

Best wishes,

Arlo Griffiths

De: Ryosuke Furui <furui at ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp<mailto:furui at ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>>
Objet: [vihara:00033] Announcement: Epigraphy Workshop (27-28 May 2019)
Date: 26 avril 2019 16:00:11 UTC+2

Dear Friends

I herewith send you the flyers (English / Japanese) of the forthcoming
workshop, 'Epigraphic Evidence on Patronage and Social Context of Buddhist
Monasteries in Medieval South and Southeast Asia', organized by the team of
epigraphic studies. Please kindly forward them to your friends and
colleagues who may have interest in the event, which is open to anybody.

In the workshop, we will discuss the material and mundane aspects of
Buddhist monasteries in diverse regions of South and Southeast Asia to
detect the difference and commonality among them and expect to gain some
insight into the causes of continuance of some and disappearance of the
others. We look forward to the vigorous interactions among all the
participants.

With best wishes,

Ryosuke Furui

Department of South Asian Studies