[INDOLOGY] Non-standard sandhi

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 22:26:23 UTC 2019

Dear Martin,
Thanks for the instructive clarification.
Clearly, I had imagined your author as a better author than he actually
was.
There is, then, perhaps only the very exceptional sandhi such as the one in
RV 8.72,5 paada c to "save" him (and that for either -e or -o + a- > -a +
a- according to MacDonell's comment on it) and his Taajika- (Persian?) text
on astrology.
Well, best of luck with the interpretation...
Jan

--

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, PSL - Université Paris)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques, CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

*johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr <johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr>*

*johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*