Re: [INDOLOGY] Āryā verse

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:17:52 UTC 2019

Dear Madhav,

I would like to second David Reigle's remarks about your verses.  I also
look forward to these "daily sanskrit lessons".  Its almost as if they were
designed for that purpose.  For example useful to me because there are
"themes" in the verses, vocabulary many times is repeated for  a few
consecutive verses recording it in your memory.  Even grammatical themes
are sometimes repeated.  For example awhile back there was the locative
absolute construction used for three or four  consecutive verses. In verse
677, in a single verse there was both an imperative for a positive command
and an augmentless aorist with mA for a negative command, etc. etc.

Many thanks and happy birthday..
Harry Spier