[INDOLOGY] Clarification of list etiquette

KORN Agnes Agnes.KORN at cnrs.fr
Sun Jun 30 16:17:01 UTC 2019

Couldn’t agree more.

Best,
Agnes Korn

From: INDOLOGY [mailto:indology-bounces at list.indology.info] On Behalf Of Valerie Roebuck via INDOLOGY
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2019 4:52 PM
To: Christian P. Haskett
Cc: indology List List
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Clarification of list etiquette

Dear Chris

Certainly not. We should behave on a list like this as (I hope) we would when face to face with our colleagues in a conference room. Anyone indulging in name-calling or withering sarcasm, or trying to label colleagues as ’trespassing youngsters’, has already lost whatever argument they had. In my view we are all equal members on here. The fact that some of us have been knocking around longer than others does not necessarily make us wiser, as the Dhammapada points out.

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK