[INDOLOGY] Supporting each other in public

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 05:58:36 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I second the words of Prof. Dominik Wujastyk, though with a small
modification in a few words. (Highlighting the modified part.)

When these discussions arise that have a political dimension, and you feel
moved to write to one of the good guys with a message of support, please
think about sending it publicly.  Messages of support are a very good
thing, public or private.  Anything is better than nothing.  But sending
such a message publicly can greatly magnify the effectiveness of the
support for the individual.  It also sends a message to everyone, on this
list and beyond, that there is a ground-well of kindness, of human
fellow-feeling, positivity and watchfulness amongst *us whether we are in
majority or in minority in a certain group.*  We care about each other and
will support each other when attacked.

Best wishes,
Nagaraj

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 8:28 AM Dominik Wujastyk via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> When these discussions arise that have a political dimension, and you feel
> moved to write to one of the good guys with a message of support, please
> think about sending it publicly.  Messages of support are a very good
> thing, public or private.  Anything is better than nothing.  But sending
> such a message publicly can greatly magnify the effectiveness of the
> support for the individual.  It also sends a message to everyone, on this
> list and beyond, that there is a ground-swell of kindness, of human
> fellow-feeling, positivity and watchfulness amongst the majority of our
> community.  We care about each other and will support each other when
> attacked.
>
> Best wishes,
> Dominik
>

> --
> Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
> ,
>
> Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
> ,
>
> Department of History and Classics
> <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
> ,
> University of Alberta, Canada
> .
>
> South Asia at the U of A:
>
> sas.ualberta.ca

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre for Indic Knowledge Systems.
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )