[INDOLOGY] Ancient Museum

Witzel, Michael witzel at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 28 12:38:59 UTC 2019

There is of course a similar, elaborately painted room in the Bhaktapur Palace, 15 km east of Kathmandu.

As for such  inscriptions you could contact the recently retired  prof. of arts of the U. Wisconsin @  Madison: Gautam Bajarcharya, at:

GAUTAMA V VAJRACHARYA <gvvajrac at wisc.edu<mailto:gvvajrac at wisc.edu>>

Best wishes,
Michael Witzel

On Jun 27, 2019, at 6:02 PM, John Huntington via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info<mailto:indology at list.indology.info>> wrote:

Dear Harsha

I am writing to tell you that in the Nepalese Patan palace (painting Museum now) there is an extensively painted room on the second floor on the durbar (south) side. In late 2002/3 my late colleague Dina Bangdel and I were permitted to photograph it in a "rush" one afternoon. It included the many inscriptions but with Dina's untimely death there is no one with the language skills to work on the material.

All the best

John