[INDOLOGY] Question: How is Sanskrit is taught at Western Universities?

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 01:00:33 UTC 2019

Dear Mr Mellman,

Here at the U. of Alberta we currently run two courses: Introduction to
Sanskrit I, and Introduction to Sanskrit II.  These are each one-semester
courses (13 weeks, 3 or 4 one-hour meetings per week).  We use the
book Cambridge
Introduction to Sanskrit <http://cambridge-sanskrit.org/> and related
online materials by Antonia Ruppel. Sanskrit I covers about half of
Ruppel's book, 20 chapters.

Best,
Dominik Wujastyk

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada