[INDOLOGY] Extension of Sanskrit Heritage tools with connection to Amba Kulkarni's parser

Walter Slaje slaje at kabelmail.de
Fri Jan 18 18:16:31 UTC 2019

Certainly a welcome development, but

> this wonderful grammatical analysis

really calls for a thorough revision before activating it. The very few
searches I could make yielded inexplicable, in parts unbelievably wrong
results. Anyone may see for themselves if they just test the declension of
"adas", "idam", "ubhaya" (displaying dual forms, but no fem.), "sarvā"
(fem.), "dos / doṣan", "anaḍuh", "asthi", and many more. In the hands of
Sanskrit beginners who lack grammatical training this database will do more
harm than good. I can only warn against its use until it has seen a very
careful revision by experts.

Kind regards,
WS