Re: [INDOLOGY] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} HRR Iyengar Manuscript help

Dan Lusthaus prajnapti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 05:27:18 UTC 2019

Dear all,

Despite the title page, the original scan consists of an English translation of verses, starting with vijñapti-mātratā and a reference to Kuiji’s parsing of the terms vijñaptimātratā as locative and the “purified” as dative. Iyengar’s published version of the portion of the Pramāṇasamuccaya contains Tibetan and reconstructed Sanskrit, no English, and the PS dedicatory verse discusses pramāṇabhūta, not vijñaptimātratā. The content of the English verses in the scan addresses Krishna, so not likely that page comes from a Buddhist text at all, so it seems these are three different pages from entirely different manuscripts.

best wishes,
Dan