Re: [INDOLOGY] nāṭyaśāstra citation

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Aug 12 06:40:46 UTC 2019

Dear Harry,
At this moment I do not have the opportunity to check, but I think Pollock(?) refers to Vol. I of the Baroda edition, page -- not verse -- 282. Besides verses, the rasa chapter consists of prose passage, which might explain references to page numbers.  Also, check if the author refers to the original edition or the revised one, in which case the page numbers may differ.
Beste wishes, Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag