[INDOLOGY] New Scientist article about the Yamnaya migrations (27 March 2019 )

George Hart glhart at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 15 15:31:09 UTC 2019

> “Indigenous males seem to have been marginalised by the new arrivals much more than the women and were unable to have children to the same extent,” says Richards. “This seems unlikely to have been a wholly benign process.”

Perhaps it’s worth pointing out that current research suggests that Ashkenazi Jews also have a mixture of DNA — paternal DNA from the near east but maternal DNA mostly from Europe. I don’t think anyone has suggested that the Jews have a violent history as anything but victims in Europe. It seems to me that Richards’ suggestion is irresponsible and almost certainly inaccurate. George Hart