[INDOLOGY] A question on Tevaram 5.92.2

Tieken, H.J.H. H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Mon Apr 15 08:36:09 UTC 2019

Dear Dr Palaniappan
About nampaṟku, is it not the dative of nampaṉ, "god", in casu Śiva: "beating the drum for Lord Śiva"?
Probably I miss the point, but I do not see any problem in koṭukka(k) kol̥ka, "consider (kol̥ka) to give (koṭukka) to those who beat the drum ...". But as said, I may have missed the point and maybe for the verb kol̥ another meaning should be looked for.
Best Herman

Herman Tieken
Stationsweg 58
2515 BP Den Haag