[INDOLOGY] Sciences and Tantra

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 03:26:09 UTC 2019

Not quite on Tantra,

The author shared his academia.edu paper on BVP list:

https://www.academia.edu/35405548/Concept_of_Probability_in_Sanskrit_Texts_on_Classical_Music

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 7:41 PM Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Paolo,
>

> Although it is not quite on tantra, there is a highly interesting article
> in modern Sanskrit on the relationship between Sanskrit analysis of poetic
> metre and Pascal's triangle. I do not have the full reference available in
> my present location, but it may be found in the introduction to the late
> Michael Hahn's edition of the ChandoratnAkara, which may be available on
> his academia page, if that is still accessible.
>

> In Buddhist tantra, quite a lot has been written on the mathematics of the
> KAlacakratantra. The late Edward Henning's webpage kalacakra.org has some
> useful material on this, as does Henning's book, KAlacakra and the Tibetan
> Calendar.
>

> There is also quite a lot on this in German, by Dieter Schuh, but
> exclusively concerned with the Tibetan legacy of the Indian sources and not
> with the Indian materials themselves.
>

> best,
>
> Matthew
>

> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre for Indic Knowledge Systems.
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )