[INDOLOGY] Sciences and Tantra

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:38:41 UTC 2019

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27164469

The subtle body: an interoceptive map of central nervous system function
and meditative mind-brain-body integration.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 7:14 PM Agathe Keller via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Matthew,
>
> Alsdorf’s article is indeed on combinatorics in the metrical literature,
> not in mathematics…
> as for combinatorics in music there is notably in French
>
> Patte, François. 2012. “Rythmes et Algorithmes.” In *Astronomy and
> Mathematics in Ancient India - Astronomie et Mathématiques de l’Inde
> Ancienne Actes de La Journée d’études Organisée Le 24 Avril 2009 à
> l’Université Libre de Bruxelles*, edited by Jean-Michel Delire, 159–174.
> Peeters.
>
> and recently
> Petrocchi Alessandra. 2018. “Music Theory, Mathematics, and Patterns of
> Innovation in the Saṅgītaratnākara.” *Asiatische Studien - Études
> Asiatiques* 72 (2): 395. https://doi.org/10.1515/asia-2016-0003.
>
> best
>
> Agathe
>
> From: Matthew Kapstein <mkapstei at uchicago.edu> <mkapstei at uchicago.edu>
> Reply: Matthew Kapstein <mkapstei at uchicago.edu> <mkapstei at uchicago.edu>
> Date: 9 April 2019 at 15:25:13
> To: Agathe Keller <kelleragathe600 at gmail.com> <kelleragathe600 at gmail.com>,
> Paolo Eugenio Rosati <paoloe.rosati at gmail.com> <paoloe.rosati at gmail.com>,
> Indology <indology at list.indology.info> <indology at list.indology.info>
> Subject:  Re: [INDOLOGY] Sciences and Tantra
>
> Thank you Agathe,
>

> I wasn't intending to refer to Indian mathematics broadly, but just to the
> application outside of mathematics per se. Besides poetic metrics and
> "tantric geometry", I imagine that the musicological literature offers some
> other examples, but i do not know them off hand.
>

> best,
>
> Matthew
>

> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Director,  Inter-Gurukula-University Centre for Indic Knowledge Systems.
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )