[INDOLOGY] Colour symbolism in pre-modern Indic sources; concise overview of the senses

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 11 19:18:15 UTC 2019

Regarding the senses, I would start with this volume:

Axel Michaels, Christoph Wulf (eds), Exploring the Senses: South Asian and European Perspectives on Rituals and Performativity, Routledge 2014.

I am not aware of any specific study on colours in medicine or alchemy, but a good starting point could be the relevant chapter in Teun Goudriaan's Māyā Divine and Human (MLBD 1978).

Best,
Lubomir