Re: [INDOLOGY] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Maitrāyaṇī-Pariśiṣṭa?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Apr 11 00:42:41 UTC 2019

I checked the two Maitrāyaṇī Pariśiṣṭas, namely Gonāmika and Caturhotr̥ka,
published by Raghu Vira in the Journal of Vedic Studies, and neither of
them has anything with reference to Upanayana.  So it must be some other
Maitrāyaṇī Pariśiṣṭa that the माझा प्रवास account seems to be referring
to.  Vishal Agarwal says: "The Prince of Wales Museum at Mumbai has a
manuscript containing all these [Maitrāyaṇī] Parishishtas."  I wonder if
these manuscripts have been digitized and if there is a way to access
them?

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus
Sanskrit and Linguistics