[INDOLOGY] French Institute at Pondicherry

Georges PINAULT georges.pinault at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 30 09:17:24 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,   Thanks for this interest. I would suggest to look at the bibliography of Jean Filliozat, where reports on the activity of the IFP can be found. You may also write to Nicolas Dejenne (nicolas.dejenne at gmail.com), who has made several stays there, and who knows the history of Indology in general.
Best regards,   Georges-Jean Pinault

> Message du 30/09/18 08:23> De : "Arlo Griffiths via INDOLOGY" > A : "INDOLOGY" > Copie à : > Objet : Re: [INDOLOGY] French Institute at Pondicherry> >

Interesting question. I suppose you mean an external point of view, not the brief self-description that can be read on http://www.ifpindia.org/the-institute? If anything exists, I am sure its librarian Anurupa Naik, who I believe is on this list, will know.>

About us - French Institute of Pondicherry (IFP)
www.ifpindia.org
The French Institute of Pondicherry (IFP), UMIFRE 21 CNRS-MAEE, is a research institution under the joint supervision of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).

Arlo Griffiths
École française d'Extrême-Orient (Paris)>

From: INDOLOGY  on behalf of Ram-Prasad, Chakravarthi via INDOLOGY > Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:22 PM> To: indology at list.indology.info> Subject: [INDOLOGY] French Institute at Pondicherry

Dear all,
Is there are work on the history and functions of the French Institute, in either French or English?
Thank you!
Ram-Prasad

Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad
Fellow of the British Academy
Distinguished Professor of Comparative Religion and Philosophy
Department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion
Lancaster University
UK