Re: [INDOLOGY] Paṭhanārtha and vācanārtha

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 04:41:53 UTC 2018

vācanārtha just means "for the purpose of reading out loud".  In contrast
to paṭhanārtha "for the purpose of reading to one's self".

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada