[INDOLOGY] Request for commentaries on YS

David and Nancy Reigle dnreigle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:31:19 UTC 2018

 Harunaga Isaacson has kindly informed me that Vimala Karnatak's critical
edition of the Yogasiddhāntacandrika commentary by Nārāyaṇatīrtha,
published in 2000, is available online. He provided these two links to it:

https://ia800808.us.archive.org/3/items/YogaSiddhantaChandrikaVimlaKarnatak/Yoga%20Siddhanta%20Chandrika%20-%20Vimla%20Karnatak.pdf

https://ia800107.us.archive.org/19/items/YogaSiddhantaChandrikaNaryanaTirthaVimalaKarnatakChowkambha/Yoga%20Siddhanta%20Chandrika%20Naryana%20Tirtha%20%20Vimala%20Karnatak%20Chowkambha.pdf

Sri Shankara provided a link to Sukhlalji's 1922 edition of Yaśovijaya's
Yogasūtra commentary. He pointed out that this vṛtti covers only 27 of the
195 sūtras. He reports that Sukhlalji Sanghvi, who edited the book, says in
his preface that the vṛttikāra's intention was to show on which points
Jaina Siddhānta agreed or disagreed with the Vyāsabhāṣya.

https://jainelibrary.org/book-detail/?srno=007442

Since the Yogasūtra is a text of widespread interest, I post these links
here. Thank you to Harunaga Isaacson and Sri Shankara.

Best regards,

David Reigle
Colorado, U.S.A.