[INDOLOGY] University/College Sanskrit courses

Antonia Ruppel rhododaktylos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:47:40 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Ever since I linked to this list of universities offering Sanskrit

https://www.sai.uni-heidelberg.de/abt/IND/en/links/links.php?sanskrit_studies

on my website, I have been receiving emails from kind people pointing me to
Sanskrit courses at institutions not included on here (and neither on the
lists offered on indology.info/links). A number of the links also don't
seem to be up-to-date anymore.

Thus I thought it might be useful to ask: are you associated with a college
or university that teaches Sanskrit, and if so, would you please send me
your current preferred link to your course offerings (or programme
overview, or other relevant 'main' page)? It would be especially helpful if
you also pointed me to Sanskrit courses not offered in dedicated
Indology/Sanskrit departments, as those are courses that students/anyone
outside those institutions are far less likely to know about in advance.

I'll wait for two weeks or so and will then send around a collated list. (I
would of course be delighted if anyone from Heidelberg or indology.info, or
any other list that I may have missed, then wanted to use that information,
too!)

Thank you, as always,
     Antonia

--