[INDOLOGY] brick-making communities

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Tue Nov 6 17:59:48 UTC 2018

Dear Dominik,

for the 19th century, some information about the brick-making communities is scattered in various Statistical Accounts, District Gazetteers and similar publications, but I am not aware of any synthetic study (at least not for Bengal). Normally, Watt's Dictionary of the economic products of India tends to be useful, but not in this case.

I have found only one study among my files:

FOGELIN, Lars (2006) Brickmaking in Malapannagudi: Ethnoarchaeological Research and Archaeological Implications,
in: John M. Fritz, Robert P. Brubaker and Teresa P. Raczek (eds.), Vijayanagara: Archaelogogical Exploration, 1990–2000, New Delhi: Manohar, pp. 577–586.

Best,
Lubomir