[INDOLOGY] Discovering De Jong blog

Clemency Montelle clemency.montelle at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed May 16 09:35:56 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I'm delighted to announce the launch of a blog dedicated to promoting and celebrating the De Jong collection which is now housed at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.  The collection, acquired in 2000, consists of around 12, 000 published volumes and 50 linear metres of archival material. Subject areas cover Indology, Buddhist studies, classics, philosophy, and Australian history and literature.

The blog will periodically feature pieces written by scholars and research students about various 'special' items in the collection.  The home page of the blog can be found here:

https://blogs.canterbury.ac.nz/dejong/

We were lucky enough that McComas Taylor  provided the first blog. He offers his reflections on De Jong's copy of Wilkin's Bhagavad Gītā.  The direct link to his post here, with images can be found at:

 https://blogs.canterbury.ac.nz/dejong/2018/05/15/treasures-of-the-de-jong-collection-wilkins-bhagavadgita/

Please don't hesitate to contact me or the librarians at UC library (macbrown at libr.canterbury.ac.nz<mailto:macbrown at libr.canterbury.ac.nz>) if you would like to contribute.

With best wishes,
Clemency

----
Dr. Clemency Montelle
Associate Professor
School of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wananga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8140
NEW ZEALAND
http://www.math.canterbury.ac.nz/~c.montelle/

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/its/email-disclaimer/ for more
information.