[INDOLOGY] Spaces between words in Sanskrit manuscripts?

Eli Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Tue May 15 18:20:48 UTC 2018

Dear All,
The Spitzer Manuscript, one of the oldest Skt manuscripts (of the
Kushana period), regularly uses spaces between sentences.
It also uses special "viramic" forms of letters such as t or m in the
end of sentences.
I think the same is true for the so-called "Dramenhandschrift", but am
unable to check now.
The non-application of sandhi in the end of sentences is indeed very common.
Best wishes,
Eli