[INDOLOGY] Spaces between words in Sanskrit manuscripts?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue May 15 16:40:04 UTC 2018

Hello Camillo,

     There is something new to learn.  I noticed your statement: "in many
more manuscripts than we might think the non-application of external sandhi
is used to mark word boundaries.".  I have not come across such
manuscripts, but evidently you have.  Can you give a reference to such a
manuscript, or give us a scan of a page from such a manuscript.  Except for
the Padapāṭha manuscripts, I am not aware of this practice.  With best
wishes,

Madhav Deshpande
Campbell, California