[INDOLOGY] Death of Luise Anna Hercus (nee Schwarzschild) (1926-2018)

Andrew Ollett andrew.ollett at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:21:36 UTC 2018

Thanks, Royce, for this news. Her work on Middle Indic is truly exemplary:
focused, rich in linguistic insight, and based on a wide and careful
reading of texts. I had no idea, though I am not surprised, that she also
made similarly profound contributions to the study of Australian languages.
māṇaṇijjaṁ cea jīaṁ.