[INDOLOGY] Pongu Sani

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat May 5 18:14:59 UTC 2018

Is it different from the well known s'ubhatva (benefic status) and
as'ubhatva (malefic status) of grahas in a chart based on their position
from the lagna of the subject (person) ?

Naturally malefic turns into benefic if he owns the 4th, 7th or 10th houses
from lagna (ascendant) . Owner of the 5th and 9th houses is benefic
whatever is its shubhaashubhatva naturally.

Saturn is the owner of Makara(Capricorn) and Kumbha (Aquarius) houses.

For Tula (libra) lagna for example, these two are 4th and 5th respectively.
Thus for this lagna, Saturn is benefic in both the positions.

-----------

I just found that if 71/2 S'ani occurs for the second time in life, it is
called pongu s'ani in Tamil.

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM, Ofer Peres via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I would appreciate any information on the history\origins of the south
> Indian astrological concept "pongu sani" (benevolent Saturn).
>

> Beat wishes,
>
> Ofer Peres.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )