Re: [INDOLOGY] Sanskrit food glossary (and mudrā)

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:40:50 UTC 2018

Indeed, Matthew: The Jungle and the Aroma of Meats is the English
translation.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Martin,
>

> The works of Francis Zimmermann, though focusing primarily on materia
> medica,
>
> may also offer some useful leads.
>

> *La jungle et le fumet des viandes*, Paris 1982.
>
> *Le discours des remèdes au pays des épices. Enquête sur la médecine
> hindoue*,
> (Paris 1989).
>

> The former, I believe, has also been translated into English.
>

> Matthew
>

> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk