Re: [INDOLOGY] Sanskrit food glossary (and mudrā)

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 4 14:48:29 UTC 2018

Dear Martin,

The works of Francis Zimmermann, though focusing primarily on materia medica,

may also offer some useful leads.

La jungle et le fumet des viandes, Paris 1982.

Le discours des remèdes au pays des épices. Enquête sur la médecine hindoue,
(Paris 1989).

The former, I believe, has also been translated into English.

Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago