[INDOLOGY] "Caste passing"

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:54:31 UTC 2018

Did all of us receive the original message by Dr Allen Thrasher to which
Prof. Artur Karp was replying asking about the king?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 8:18 PM, Allen Thrasher via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> I can't remember.  I was citing from memory.  I'll see if i can track it
> down.
> Allen
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 2:03 PM, Artur Karp
> <karp at uw.edu.pl> wrote:
> > his subjects all immolate themselves
>
> Clear. Extremely ashamed.
>
> But - the king?
>
> Artur

> There is a story in the Yogavasista about a Candala who becomes a king and
> is found ot, whereupon his subjects all immolate themselves.
>
> Allen
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Artur Karp via INDOLOGY
> <indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )