Re: [INDOLOGY] Sanskrit gośāla, Prakrit gosāla, NIA gohāla

Seishi Karashima skarashima at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:26:15 UTC 2018

Dear Dr. Griffiths and colleagues,

*ghoṣa* "station of herdsmen" (MW); Pkt. ghosa "cowherd’s station" (for
equivalents in modern languages, meaning "house", see CDIAL 4528) + -*āla*
suffix (cf. AiG II, 2 § 178c; cf. also *iṭṭāla*, *caṇḍāla*, *chinnāla*
etc.)?

With best wishes,

Seishi Karashima

IRIAB, Soka Univ.

PDF files of my works are placed on the following websites:

https://sokauniversity.academia.edu/SeishiKarashima
<https://independent.academia.edu/SeishiKarashima>

http://iriab.soka.ac.jp/orc/staff/karashima/index_karashima.html
<http://iriab.soka.ac.jp/orc/stuff/karashima/index_karashima.html>