[INDOLOGY] Question on Sarasvati as a masculine title

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at rediffmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:48:02 UTC 2018

Dr Deshpande,

                            While  going thru a book on Gita interpretation in Bengali, I came across the name of Madhusudan Saraswati with a long " I ".In Bengali , Sara's water is always spelt with a long " i", either while referring to the Goddess, or Religious order or the mythical river.However, I am not aware  of any other regional variants.

                                       Alakendu  Das.

h a long