Re: [INDOLOGY] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} My Sanskrit verses this morning

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 04:48:06 UTC 2018

What an enormous amount of the creativity of this mahaakavi has been
suppressed by the pressures of the university career.

Lion in its natural dwelling!

Cuckoo in the madhumaasa (vasantaritu)! (माधवः पिकः )!

> Here are my Sanskrit verses this morning.  Enjoy.
>
> योऽजन्माऽपि जनिं दधार जगदुद्धाराय लोकाश्रय:
>
> कालिन्दीतटवर्तिगोकुलकुलेऽजातोऽपि जात: शिशु: ।
>
> योऽरूप: शुभरूपतां सुमधुरां बभ्रे नृणां प्रीतये
>
> तं गोविन्दमहं निजान्तरगतं वन्देऽनिशं माधवम् ।।
>
> Though he has no birth, the refuge of the world was born for uplifting the
> world. Though unborn, he became a child in a family in Gokula on the banks
> of Kālindī. Though he is formless, he assumed a sweet beautiful form for
> the pleasure of the people. I constantly offer my salutation to that
> Mādhava Govinda who resides in my heart.
>

> वेणुं वादयते मधुस्वरसुधास्यन्दैर्मुदं कुर्वते
>
> कालिन्दीजलकेलिविभ्रमकृते गोपीमनोहारिणे ।
>
> गीतागायनसाधितार्जुनमनोव्यामोहविच्छेदिने
>
> अस्मन्मानसवासिने भगवते कृष्णाय तुभ्यं नम: ।।
>
> Salutations to you, O Lord Krishna, who plays his flute and creates joy
> with torrents of the nectar of sweet notes, plays his games in the water of
> Yamunā stealing the hearts of the milkmaids, accomplishes the removal of
> delusion in the mind of Arjuna by reciting the Bhagavad Gita, and resides
> in my heart.
>

> स्नानागताखिलवधूवसनाधिचौरात्
>
> राधामुखाम्बुजमधुव्रतरक्तचित्तात् ।
>
> मायूरपिच्छपरिवर्धितकेशशोभात्
>
> कृष्णात् परं किमपि काव्यमहं न जाने ।।
>
> O Krishna, you are the greatest thief of the clothes of the bathing
> milkmaids, your mind is attached to drinking the honey from the lotus face
> of Radhā, and the beauty of your hair is enhanced by peacock-feathers. I do
> not know any poetry other than you.
>

> नन्दितं भुवनं येन शुभरूपेण कर्मणा ।
>
> वचोभिश्च नमस्तस्मै कृष्णरूपाय विष्णवे ।।
>
> Salutations to Vishnu in the form of Krishna who delights the world with
> his beautiful form, deeds and words.
>

> माधव त्वं महाचौरो विशसे यत्र कुत्रचित् ।
>
> पिहितं मे मनोद्वारं कथमुद्घाटितं त्वया ।।
>
> O Mādhava, you are a great thief. You enter wherever you wish. How did you
> open up my mind, which was closed?
>

> जगदीश जगद्रूपं भवनं निर्मितं त्वया ।
>
> यत्र त्वं विविधै रूपैर्लीलां खेलसि सन्ततम् ।।
>
> O Lord, you created a house in the form of this world, where, assuming
> various forms, you constantly play games.
>

> तवैवैतानि रूपाणि यत्किञ्चिज्जगतीतले ।
>
> कथमेतद्विजानीयां कस्त्वं रूपं च किं प्रभो ।।
>
> Whatever exists in this world, those are all your own forms. How would I
> know who is you and what is a form of yours?
>

> अशक्नुवन् विचेतुं त्वां तव रूपादहं सदा ।
>
> मन्ये पश्यामि यत्किञ्चित्तत्त्वमेवेति माधव ।।
>
> O Mādhava, unable to pick you from among your form, I think that whatever
> I see is you.
>

> यदि सर्वं त्वमेवेति प्रतीति: सत्यरूपिणी ।
>
> तर्हि कोऽहं त्वदन्य: स्यामिति चिन्ता हृदि स्थिता ।।
>
> If the understanding that you are everything is true, then I have a worry
> as to who could I be other than you.
>

> यदि कृष्णोऽसि वृष्णीनां पाण्डवानां धनञ्जय: ।
>
> ब्रूहि माधव कोऽहं ते नि:शङ्कं कथयस्व मे ।।
>
> If you are Kr̥ṣṇa among Vr̥ṣṇis and you are also Arjuna among the Pāṇḍavas,
> then tell me, O Mādhava, undoubtedly who am I to you?
>

> यदा यदाहं पृच्छामि प्रश्नमेतं तदा तदा ।

> [...]

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )