[INDOLOGY] studies on Piṇḍa in Jainism

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:54:24 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

Would anyone be able to help me access these works in pdf form?

  1.  R.P. Jain, Piṇḍasuddhi: Das sechste Kapitel von Vaṭṭakeras Mūlācāra und der āhākamma-Abschnitt der Piṇḍa-nijjutti. New Delhi<http://www.herenow4u.net/index.php?id=73938> 1983.
  2.  Muni U.K. Jain, Jaina Sects and Schools. Delhi 1975.
  3.  A. Mette, Piṇḍ'esaṇā. Das Kapitel der Oha-nijjutti über den Bettelgang. Mainz 1973.

Particularly, I am searching textual precedent for the expression anyādyapiṇḍa, possibly meaning 'whose alms are [only leftovers of] the food of others', that I find in an inscription of ca. 500 CE that seems to record a donation to Jaina monks.

Thank you.

Arlo Griffiths