[INDOLOGY] Gender, Power, and Rape when Conducting Research

Audrey Truschke audrey.truschke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:27:41 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share this insightful, brave piece written by a PhD student
at Columbia University about her experience pursuing a rape charge against
Mahmood Farooqui in the Indian judicial system. I think it is relevant for
Indologists, especially for sending students to conduct research abroad,
dealing with our own instances of sexual misconduct in the field, and
thinking about gender and power dynamics.

https://scroll.in/article/876788/healing-myself-a-woman-
recounts-her-struggles-after-a-court-acquitted-the-man-she-accused-of-rape

Audrey

Audrey Truschke
Assistant Professor
Department of History