[INDOLOGY] Esther A. Solomon

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 26 07:44:57 UTC 2017

Many thanks to all who responded to my query. Let us hope that the planned commemoration volume
mentioned by Eli Franco will appear in the near future and include further biographical information
and full bibliography.

In addition to your comments, I note, by the way, that the Jain elibrary contains pdf-s of three
of Prof. Solomon's works:
Ganadharavada  (this is available on other platforms as well, as some of you noted)
Siddhantalesa Sangraha (in Gujarati with the Sanskrit text in devanagari)
and an article "Conversion of Agnibhuti," from the India Jain Journal 1971

Unfortunately, Prof. Solomon's opus Indian Dialectics (2 vols) does not seem to be available
in an electronic version. The Hathi Trust indeed has scans, but makes them available only
in snippet view. So, if any of you have access to full pdf-s, I would be most grateful. The work
was published in a very limited edition and is now totally unavailable for purchase.

best to all,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago