[INDOLOGY] Esther A. Solomon

John Brockington John.Brockington at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 25 11:49:50 UTC 2017

Also, from the Jewish Women's Archive, on the Bene Israel (jwa.org):
Other Bene Israel women who remained in India and made a mark can be
mentioned only briefly.   . . .  . . . Esther Solomon (b. 1927), also of
Ahmedabad, a Sanskrit scholar and professor at Gujarat University, was
awarded a Presidential Certificate of Honor in l983 for outstanding
contributions to Sanskrit and a Padma Shri in l992.

Best wishes

John

Professor J.L. Brockington
113 Rutten Lane