[INDOLOGY] On the Book: "On Meaning an Mantras: Essays in Honor of Frits Staal"

George Thompson gthomgt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:48:38 UTC 2017

Dear List,

For all of you who have informed me that the Staal Memorial volume is still
not available on the UPH website, please take a deep breath, and let the
press have some time to do what it has promised to do.  Richard Payne and I
know that there is a warehouse in Hawaii that has stacks of the book.  I
don't know what is wrong with UPH, but we have distributed two copies of
the book to all of the contributors to it, and we have also sent gratis
copies to Frits' family members.

My understanding is that the book well be on sale at US$ 45.00.  It
includes 32 articles and amounts to 642 pages.  This seems to me to a very
reasonable price, for  a lot of good scholarship.  I am just as annoyed as
everybody about this delay in the publication of this book, upon which I
have worked for years.

But I have a couple of copies of the book in hand here.  When you see this
book, I think that you will like it.

Richard has done an excellent job of producing this book.

Sincerely,

George Thompson