[INDOLOGY] Lucid dreaming in Sanskrit?

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:45:26 UTC 2017

Yoga nidra of Hatha Yoga Pradipika ( 4-49 ) is expalined as having this as
a part.

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Franco via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> The term svapnAntika-jnAna is sometimes explained so (i.e. An awareness
> that is part of a dream and in which one is aware that one dreams).
> Best wishes,
> Eli
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 9 Sep 2017, at 12:22, Matthew Kapstein via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
> I forgot to add that the mahAjagrat "great awakening" of the MokSopaya,
> discussed by Juergen Hanneder in his very interesting contribution to
> http://indologica.de/drupal/?q=node/652
> ( a book that may be in any case pertinent)
> also seems to intimate lucid dreaming. As Hanneder puts it (p. 93)
> "a dream world (svapna) becomes a new waking state...."
>
> - Matthew
>
> Matthew Kapstein
> Directeur d'études,
> Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
>
> Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
> The University of Chicago

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )