[INDOLOGY] Verses on Taptamudra

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sat Oct 28 13:42:44 UTC 2017

Hello Måns,

     In part you may be dealing with Madhva's citations that are considered
to be imagined texts by the critics of the Mādhvas.  For a critique of this
practice of Taptamudrādhāraṇa, you can consult Appayya Dīkṣita's
Madhvatantramukhamardana and Bhaṭṭoji Dīkṣita's Tantrādhikārinirṇaya.
Perhaps these critiques contain some discussion of the Madhvaite sources
for this practice.

Madhav Deshpande