[INDOLOGY] Mango miracle (Re: Fwd: Request for subscription

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Oct 10 03:14:05 UTC 2017

First thing which comes to my mind is the well-known story of the "Mango
miracle" which the 12th cent. Periya Purāṇam attributes to Kāraikkāl
Ammaiyār (one of the 63 Tamil Shaiva saints, who may have lived in the
6th century.

See the pointer to a popular modern retelling of the story (as a movie)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaikkal_Ammaiyar_(film)

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard (in Pondicherry)

https://univ-paris-diderot.academia.edu/JeanLucChevillard

https://twitter.com/JLC1956