[INDOLOGY] Please help with articles specifically on Dhyāna in context of philosophy of yoga.

Danilov Dmitry danilov.dmitry.an at gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:34:33 UTC 2017

Subject: Please help with articles specifically on Dhyāna in context of
philosophy of yoga.

Dear list members,

I am at the beginning of my PhD research on Dhyāna in context of philosophy
of yoga. After collecting all the material needed from original scriptures
from early upaniśads to late haṭha-yogic texts, I came to a point of
searching for academic papers analyzing the term. At this point I have
found only these works:

On the Meaning of *jhāna *and *dhyāna *“Meditation” in Early Buddhism,
the Mokṣadharmaparvan of the *Mahābhārata *and in Classical Yoga
Philosophy. P. Maas.

Oberhammer, Gerhard. *Strukturen yogischer Meditation. Untersuchungen zur
Spiritualität des Yoga. *Wien Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften,
1977, pp. 134–230

Bedekar, V. M. “Dhyānayoga in the Mahābhārata.” *Bhāratīya Vidyā *20–21
(1963): 116–125.

Jan Gonda. The Vision of the Vedic Poets. 1963. p.392.

I would be very grateful to you all for help on information and links to
articles, research papers, monographs that include analyses of the term
dhyāna or contexts it is used in.

Best regards,

Dmitry Danilov.